Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Blogging Begins

Having encouraged my students to resolve to grow spiritually, mentally and physically this school year, I have made some of my own resolutions. Some will fall into place without too much effort on my part, but others will be challenging and push me to the brink of quitting. By God's grace, though, by this time next year I will have made substantial upticks in multiple facets of my life.

One of the ways that has always been helpful to me, and I would guess that other bloggers would agree, is by putting my thoughts and desires into print. And so it is, Ministry Minded is launched.

My Aim: To stimulate myself and potentially others to grow in our love and devotion to God and in so doing grow in our love and service to our fellow brothers and sisters.

My Beliefs: Christian > Protestant > Evangelical > Reformed.

My Background: A graduate from Biola University with a Biblical Studies degree now serving as Director of Youth Ministries for The Cove in Santa Rosa, California.

Finally, as my students and I think about our resolutions, we cannot forget Paul's strong exhortation to Timothy, Michael Garner, and everyone else:
Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some
value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present
life and also for the life to come.

No comments: